Wednesday, October 9, 2019

To My Caregiver

Who are you? Where have you come from? In my mind you look like a human but in my heart, I realize that you are the SUPREME power. You exit these doors every day and mingle into the crowds as just another someone on the streets. Outside these doors, you must be a father, a mother, a friend to someone of your own. But in here you have shown the patience of a father, the nurture of a mother, the understanding of a friend to someone who just crashed into your care one time.

You have a name that I do not remember, you have a voice that I do not recognize, you have a face that I do not know. I really don’t know who you are, but you have given me more than just my life back - you have walked me through the toughest time of my life that no one should be subjected to endure. You have lived my pain with m. And yet still, you are a stranger to me.

Today when you exit these door, you will be just another someone on those streets. But when you walk back in through these doors, you will be that stranger to someone else. You will be their supreme power.

No comments:

Post a Comment